A Grand Old Flag – Our Flag with Dr. Peter Keim
Two hundred and forty-four years old and waving as proudly in the breeze as ever, Our Flag, A Grand Old Flag. The National Flag of the United States of America is what we make it, nothing more. From its birth in 1777, later carried in the Civil War, raised on Iwo Jima and the Moon, in your town and mine, on your house and mine, to covering millions of patriots’ caskets, it still waves.
Bio: Peter J. Keim, M.D., a graduate of St. Vincent College and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, served in the U.S. Army, then practiced Family Medicine and served as Chief Medical Officer of Gateway Health Plan in Pittsburgh. For 45 years he has been an avid collector of historic American Flags. The Flags have been exhibited in various museums and other venues across the U. S. He is a recognized expert on the history of Our Flag. He co-authored A Grand Old Flag, with his son, Kevin, telling the history of the U.S. through its Flag, published by Dorling Kindersley in 2007. He serves on the Board of Directors of the National Flag Foundation and previously, the National Civil War Museum. He lives with his wife, Patricia, celebrating their 61st anniversary this year, in Pittsburgh.
- VIDEO – A Grand Old Flag: Our Flag - June 10, 2021
- Video – The Devil & Karl Marx with Paul Kengor - February 12, 2021
- VIDEO – Religious Freedom and Today’s Supreme Court: How the Founders’ View is Critical to all our Liberties - June 9, 2020
- VIDEO – Drug Development in the Public vs. Private Sector: A Healthy Synergy - February 12, 2020
- VIDEO – Churchill, FDR, and Ike: Lessons in Leadership and Faith from Partners Who Won World War II - December 3, 2019
- VIDEO – What Would Jesus Say about Economics and Social Justice - October 25, 2019
- A Conversation with Brit Hume - September 30, 2019
- VIDEO – Was FDR the Worst President in U.S. History? - September 24, 2019
- VIDEO – Kennedy and Nixon – Friends and Adversaries - June 5, 2019
- Dr. David Hogsette and Dr. Joshua Mayo – Conscience in Literature - April 5, 2019