“Let’s Roll:” The High Price of American Freedom
with the Hon. Paul J. McNulty ’80
The suffering and sacrifices connected with the 9-11 terrorist attacks twenty years ago will never be adequately understood or appreciated. There were countless heroes whose service must be remembered. Paul McNulty, President of Grove City College, led the U.S. Department of Justice’s Command Center on the morning of the attacks, and later joined Attorney General John Ashcroft, FBI Director Robert Mueller, and others at the FBI’s Strategic Intelligence and Operations Center in coordinating the nation’s response. Days later, President McNulty was appointed the U.S. Attorney in Virginia where terrorist cases were sent for prosecution. In this address, he will recount the experiences of that horrific day and its aftermath, and he will spotlight the many selfless acts of fellow citizens who answered the call of duty. Despite the success of the terrorists, 9-11 was one of America’s finest days of self-sacrificing leadership.
Bio: President McNulty is a former U.S. Deputy Attorney General, U.S. Attorney, and long-time senior attorney for the U.S. Congress. He also was a leading partner in the global law firm Baker McKenzie. Three days after the 9-11 terrorist attacks, President McNulty was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve as the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia. In this role, he oversaw the prosecution of dozens of terrorist cases, including Zacarias Moussaoui, the so-called 20th hijacker.
- VIDEO – “Let’s Roll:” The High Price of American Freedom - September 13, 2021
- VIDEO – A Grand Old Flag: Our Flag - June 10, 2021
- Video – The Devil & Karl Marx with Paul Kengor - February 12, 2021
- VIDEO – Religious Freedom and Today’s Supreme Court: How the Founders’ View is Critical to all our Liberties - June 9, 2020
- VIDEO – Drug Development in the Public vs. Private Sector: A Healthy Synergy - February 12, 2020
- VIDEO – Churchill, FDR, and Ike: Lessons in Leadership and Faith from Partners Who Won World War II - December 3, 2019
- VIDEO – What Would Jesus Say about Economics and Social Justice - October 25, 2019
- A Conversation with Brit Hume - September 30, 2019
- VIDEO – Was FDR the Worst President in U.S. History? - September 24, 2019
- VIDEO – Kennedy and Nixon – Friends and Adversaries - June 5, 2019