Tilford joined the Grove City College faculty in 2001 and he became a Middle East & Terrorism fellow at The Center for Vision & Values in 2005. He enjoyed an extensive military career and after retiring from the U.S. Air Force. He served as an associate professor of history at Troy State University in Montgomery and professor of military history at the U.S. Air Force Air Command and Staff College. In 1993, he became director of research at the U.S. Army’s Strategic Studies Institute in Carlisle, Pa., where he worked on a project that looked at possible future terrorist threats. He has authored three books on the Vietnam War and co-edited a book on Operation Desert Storm. He has lectured throughout the U.S. and abroad on the Vietnam War and, more recently, the future of armed conflict.
Last summer, he was accepted into the Academic Fellows Program of the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies for a seminar on terrorism in Tel Aviv, Israel. The seminar, “Defending Democracy, Defeating Terrorism,” featured an intensive, 10-day course on terrorism and the threat it poses to democratic societies. The course of study took place in the classroom and in the field and will feature lectures by academics, diplomats, military and intelligence officials, and politicians from Israel, Jordan, India, Turkey and the United States. Tilford will speak at the April 5-6 conference titled “Mr. Jefferson Goes to the Middle East: Democracy’s Prospects in the Arab World” sponsord by The Center for Vision & Values. Contact Dr. Tilford at [email protected]
For more information contact Lee Wishing at [email protected] or at 724.458.3332.
- September 11: Nineteen Years On, A Remembrance - September 11, 2020
- Confessions of a Draft Dodger - August 13, 2020
- COVID 19: Yes, this is War - April 14, 2020
- Thinking the Unthinkable—and Responding Wisely - March 27, 2020
- Afghan Imbroglio in Context - March 3, 2020
- Higher Education in an Increasingly Diverse Culture - February 5, 2020
- How Martin Luther King, Jr. Changed Hearts - January 15, 2020
- It is for Professors to Teach and Students to Learn - November 22, 2019
- The Strategic Effect of Operation Kayla - October 31, 2019
- A Time of Civility Needed Again - October 10, 2019