In case you missed it, Dr. Paul Kengor, the executive director of the Center for Vision & Values, was a guest on the nationally syndicated radio program “The Mark Levin Show” on Monday, May 1, 2017. Kengor and Levin discuss Kengor’s newly released book “A Pope and a President: John Paul II, Ronald Reagan, and the Extraordinary Untold Story of the 20th Century.” Kengor appears with Mark at the 1:26:09 minute of the broadcast. Click below to listen to the interview:
From the review of the book:
“Even as historians credit Ronald Reagan and Pope John Paul II with hastening the end of the Cold War, they have failed to recognize the depth or significance of the bond that developed between the two leaders.
Acclaimed scholar and bestselling author Paul Kengor changes that. In this fascinating book, he reveals a singular bond—which included a spiritual connection between the Catholic pope and the Protestant president—that drove the two men to confront what they knew to be the great evil of the twentieth century: Soviet communism.”
After listening to Dr. Kengor talk with Mark Levin, be sure to watch the video of his interesting discussion “Ronald Reagan and John Paul II” from our 2017 annual conference, The god that failed: Communism & socialism then and now. Click here to watch the presentation.
- Preparation for Life’s Unexpectedness - April 19, 2021
- Bioethics in a Brave New World - April 7, 2021
- The Holiest Week - April 1, 2021
- Death of a Defector: Ion Mihai Pacepa, RIP - March 1, 2021
- George S. Patton and Christmas 1945 - December 23, 2020
- 50 Years Ago, Solzhenitsyn Received the Nobel Prize for Reminding Us of a ‘Forgotten God’ - October 16, 2020
- Marx on Christianity, Judaism, and Evolution/Race - September 18, 2020
- Remembering and Teaching 9/11 - September 11, 2020
- Tear all the statues down? - July 16, 2020
- Astronauts, Riots, and Pandemics: 2020 vs. 1969 - June 3, 2020