On January 22, 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion in the historic case of Roe v. Wade. Last weekend, Dr. Paul Kengor was the keynote speaker at the 37th annual People for Life Breakfast in Erie (click here and here for news coverage). During his speech, Kengor quoted from a forgotten but fascinating Reagan speech to pro-life leaders at the White House, the subject of a January 2010 article that we published (click here to read). Kengor also discussed that speech during our 2010 Reagan Lecture with Reagan speechwriter Peter Robinson—a fascinating discussion with one of President Reagan’s best speechwriters (click here to watch).
Please click these links and enjoy some illuminating reflections on a tragic moment in American history.
- 50 Years Ago, Solzhenitsyn Received the Nobel Prize for Reminding Us of a ‘Forgotten God’ - October 16, 2020
- Marx on Christianity, Judaism, and Evolution/Race - September 18, 2020
- Remembering and Teaching 9/11 - September 11, 2020
- Tear all the statues down? - July 16, 2020
- Astronauts, Riots, and Pandemics: 2020 vs. 1969 - June 3, 2020
- Burying Memorial Day 2020 - May 26, 2020
- Why Not Thank God? Andrew Cuomo and COVID-19 - April 29, 2020
- Carrying the Cross of COVID-19 this Good Friday - April 10, 2020
- Eerie Echoes of Influenza Epidemic - March 13, 2020
- Getting Reagan Right - February 7, 2020