On January 22, 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court legalized abortion in the historic case of Roe v. Wade. Last weekend, Dr. Paul Kengor was the keynote speaker at the 37th annual People for Life Breakfast in Erie (click here and here for news coverage). During his speech, Kengor quoted from a forgotten but fascinating Reagan speech to pro-life leaders at the White House, the subject of a January 2010 article that we published (click here to read). Kengor also discussed that speech during our 2010 Reagan Lecture with Reagan speechwriter Peter Robinson—a fascinating discussion with one of President Reagan’s best speechwriters (click here to watch).
Please click these links and enjoy some illuminating reflections on a tragic moment in American history.
- MLB Strikes Out in Cuba - July 23, 2021
- The Future of Conservatism - June 22, 2021
- The Early Church Was Not Socialist - April 22, 2021
- VIDEO – Preparation for Life’s Unexpectedness - April 19, 2021
- Bioethics in a Brave New World - April 7, 2021
- The Holiest Week - April 1, 2021
- Death of a Defector: Ion Mihai Pacepa, RIP - March 1, 2021
- George S. Patton and Christmas 1945 - December 23, 2020
- 50 Years Ago, Solzhenitsyn Received the Nobel Prize for Reminding Us of a ‘Forgotten God’ - October 16, 2020
- Marx on Christianity, Judaism, and Evolution/Race - September 18, 2020