John Blundell, a champion of liberty—and a friend of The Center for Vision & Values—passed away on July 22, 2014.
“John had much still to contribute,” said Dr. Paul Kengor, executive director of The Center for Vision & Values. “He was continuing to do some of the very best work on the contributions of women to the American Revolution and to the cause of freedom generally. He shared that work with our students. He was a witty, engaging, and delightful person and speaker. John Blundell will be missed.”
John spent 20 years as the general director of the Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA) in London. Before his instrumental work at IEA, he was president of the Charles G. Koch and Claude R. Lambe Charitable Foundations. Blundell also led the Institute for Humane Studies and the Atlas Network. From 2007-2010, John served as a Trustee of The Philadelphia Society.
John was an accomplished historian and a leading scholar on Margaret Thatcher. The Center for Vision & Values is honored that Blundell spoke at two of our events in recent years. In tribute to John, we will post both of his lectures on our web site and social media accounts. We invite you to click below to watch John speaking at Grove City College on one of his preferred subjects: Margaret Thatcher.
- 2019 Message from The Center for Vision & Values - January 17, 2019
- Dr. Paul Kengor with Mark Levin – Life, Liberty & Levin - January 11, 2019
- Center for Vision & Values joins Excellence network - December 7, 2018
- The remarkable story of an American hero: Frank Kravetz - November 8, 2018
- Grant will Fund Outreach Effort to Rural Pastors - October 19, 2018
- 25 Years Later: Volume 1, Number 1 of “Vision & Values” - March 22, 2018
- The Center for Vision & Values Presents: Top 10 of 2017 - December 27, 2017
- R.C. Sproul’s Lasting Influence and Profound Wisdom: A Grove City College Tribute - December 18, 2017
- The Law and the “Profits” - December 15, 2017
- Remembering Michael Cromartie — Red God, Blue God: Is there a God Gap Between the Parties? - August 29, 2017